Friday, April 28, 2006

Look T roses and peonies!


Here are my Flame roses that I started 4 years ago. I thought they would be all down the fence by now but alas....they are just seeming to get started. But aren't they gorgeous? And here is a small peony that I also planted 4 years ago that is also just beginning to give me flowers. This year I have 8 buds and last year I only had one! So I am super happy and constantly walking over to them to see each flower opening slightly more every day.
I planted a surprise gerber daisy in the front hosta garden that has a bud tucked down in it's leaves. I can't wait to see what color it comes out to be. I love flowers.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I hope you don't mind all the posts, but I found this great product for roses. My climbing yellow rose was covered with aphids already, and I just could not see me keeping up with spraying with soap and water all summer.

We found this product by Bayer at Lowes. I know, it is an insecticide, but you don't spray. You mix with water and pour on the plant--at the roots. One application per 6 weeks. I was very skeptical, but so far it has worked. I have so may blooms and the foliage looks beautiful--not all eaten up by bugs.

Anyway, just my two cents.

Love you.

T