Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pendants, ornaments, and mermaids







So, I have been continuing to experiment with linoleum tiles and the turquoise glaze. I really like what I am coming up with. the copper settles just right in the deeper lines and makes every feature stand out. The glaze also lends itself to a watery idea and that makes it perfect to use on the mermaids. I also have been working on making some little tiny tiles or pendants for my trip to Cali....yes! I am going to California!
More on that to come...

5 comments:

Undaunted said...

Leanne, these look fantastic! I love your little octopus too!

An odd question - but are the mermaids nipples actually air holes??

painter girl said...

Thanks Un D!
Any place I can put an air hole I will...so yes, the nipples are air holes as well as the belly button, her eyes, under her hair and on the base of the mermaid. I always think it is wise to have extras in case one seals itself back up...I have had that happen before and BOOM!
Leanne

Mom and daughter said...

Love everything!! The octopus is great! Have a very successful trip to CA...

Sister T

JafaBrit's Art said...

oh wow, just fabulous work.

painter girl said...

Thank you so much Jafabrit!
Coming from you that is indeed a compliment I will treasure.