Tuesday, June 08, 2010

I Know I am Delinquent......

I have been horrible about posting......
But! I have great intentions to do better!
This summer I am going to be working on a bunch of different projects but on the top of the list is reconnecting with my blogging friends and catching up with all the amazing work y'all have been doing.
In the mean time.......Here are some big bowls I have been making. They are about 36 inches tall. Inside the bowls, at the bottom, a secret is carved. The bowls are just tall enough that you can't read the secret unless you break the bowls.




Would you be tempted? By a secret? To break such a big bowl?
Would you get out the magnifying glass and try to read the mystery at the bottom of the pot?
And in the end, if the secret was unreachable, and you broke the pot, what if the secret was silly? What if the secret was earth shattering?
The conundrum of the Secret Bowls....

























I know the pieces are hard to see because they are still green so I will post better pictures when they are fired.

5 comments:

Eero said...

It's easy to drift away from the blog for a bit...happened to me recently, too. Lots of other stuff going on!

Good to see your work again. No WAY would I break the pot! I would get any device to read the secret, first!

Undaunted said...

Wow, wonderful bowls Leanne! NO! I would definitely not break these bowls! I would just use the zoom on my camera :) It's pretty good you know ;)

I'm so glad to see you back blogging again! I have missed you! And you have missed so much too! Did you see my show photo's? Can't wait to see what you have planned for the summer!

ps. oh yeah, if you still wanted to do a wildlife show I am definitely in now that I have my own kiln!! :D

FairiesNest said...

I'm hoping one of your summer projects is to get together with moi and make a deer girl. ;) Love the pots...could I break them? No I'd love just knowing there was a secret. A secret is sometimes much more magical if we don't know, right?

Anonymous said...

I would TOTALLY be the person with a mirror on a coat-hanger or some other contraption trying to see what was on the bottom of the bowl!

Would I break it though? Nope. If I did, I could never tell my friends about the unknown secret at the bottom of the bowl...which is right up their alley!

ArtPropelled said...

No I couldn't break such a beautiful piece but it would certainly drive me scatty not being able to read the secret. Is the opening big enough to fit over my head with a head torch on?