Wednesday, June 22, 2011

finished bottles and chicken heads






Here is the finished group of bottles from the last post.
Like I mentioned previously they are glazed with:











Andy Martin's Show Saver Glaze:
nepheline syenite 21.4
frit 3110 4.2
strontium carbonate 12.8
whiting 2.4
barium carbonate 22.8
grolleg (EPK) 2.4
silica (flint) 31.o
bentonite 3%
add:
copper carbonate 4%

This glaze is AMAZING! I love it! Very stable, wide firing range- cone 3 up to cone 10, does well in oxidation or reduction, does awesome in a salt kiln, buttery surface.
I can't get enough of this glaze. Every time it comes out of the kiln I always think of candy, specifically Jolly Ranchers:)

Side note: I do not use this glaze on pieces meant for food because of the Barium content.





On another page.....or wall..... chicken heads. Everywhere!
When I am sitting in the studio carving, this is often what I see. Chicken heads peeking around the door, looking for treats from mama. So I just had to make one or two or 10......so you can have chickens peeking at you from a wall, or around a corner.






























































Later in honor of one of my bestest friends birthday........Giraffe Heads!
You know when you have a good friend and you can't think of one more thing to buy her/him? That is where I was this year. So I decided to make something just for her. She loves giraffes. So in your honor Lisa........

4 comments:

jafabrit said...

lol, love those chicken heads and your bottles are really exquisite.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...those chicken heads are wonderful!

Undaunted said...

:O Nooooo! I need a Giraffe head! They're fantastic! Everything is fantastic! The bottles came out awesome!! Love love love the surface texture and the beautiful glaze! Love everything! You're amazing :) x

Leanne Pizio said...

Thanks Jafa and Judah! So glad you like the brood!

Hey UnD,
As always you make me smile!