Saturday, January 26, 2008

2 Bird Girls


Here is the beginning of the first of the Bird King series. As you can tell I just started and the girl on the right is a little neglected. I feel bad leaving her so unattended but I have to stop to fix dinner. We are having guests tonight for an easy but yummy dinner of peanut chicken and pesto pasta. And.....chocolate turtle cake for desert. One of my specialties I learned to make in childhood. It is a box cake all spruced up with caramel, chocolate chips and peanuts. If anyone wants the recipe I will be glad to post it. It is always a big hit and everyone always thinks it is made from scratch.

3 comments:

Eero said...

Your paintings have a very bright, lighthearted aspect, but also there is a thread of seriousness----maybe even foreboding in them. As in this one of the bird girls---the silhouette of black birds approaching. Really great combination! I admire your productivity. Wish I had some of that these days...
E.

Leanne Pizio said...

Thanks Eero! I wanted the story of the Bird King to be dark but also a story about the joy of birds. We will have to see if I can pull off writing this story or not.
Wishing you many productive days ahead!

jafabrit said...

Gosh I love anything with peanuts in it and everything sounds yUMMY!