Thursday, January 24, 2008

Every now and then....

I get bored. I get burned out and washed up with clay. I struggle with my images, what I want to draw, what direction I want to wander in. It is these frustrating times that I lean on my favorite vice....stories. When I get potter's block I start making up stories and shortly the images follow in a stream, a happy flashy stream of pictures.
And so this year after a fall that was wonderful and crazy but all in all very unending...I felt used up. Dry. A desert.
So I started to think up a short story about the Bird King and Queen. I have been doing images of the Bird Queen for a long time. She would appear now and then when I was working with crow or raven images. But I never really thought too much about who she was and what her story would be if I thought it out.
Well the story is coming to me and I am actually writing it. Which I don't usually do. I usually just draw and paint the ideas instead of writing them in word form. But this one
seems like a fun story to see if I can get it into a readable idea. We'll see how it turns out. In the mean time I have been drawing various characters in my sketch book. Here is one of them.



She is one of the girls that the Bird King can choose from to mate with. They are human girls so they have to dress in a mask with a beak.













Here are some with girls on a pot.










2 comments:

gray la gran said...

oh leanne! this is one of the many reasons i love you so much!!!

Leanne Pizio said...

Thanks Miss Grey!
I'm glad you like!
and I love you much!!!