Thursday, January 15, 2009

Back in the Studio




I'm back to work, finally, shaking some of the blues from my head on onto the clay.
Here are some recent photos of the new Crazy Head Series.
The series will be meant to hang on the wall. There will be 5 or 7 of the heads, depending on how I feel about them after I make the fifth. So far I am loving making these sculptures. Seeing all these crazy little teethy mouths clamping at me makes me laugh. Something about visualizing what is going on in one's head and trying to recreate it in clay is exciting and exorcising at the same time.















And here is a new painting in its beginning stages. We have a neighbor dog named Tofu. She and her mate Sheefa are a Japanese breed called Shiba Inu.
They are just the sweetest dogs and make the strangest noises. I am fascinated with them. So Tofu has ended up in this painting. I keep thinking the name of the painting should be "To Dance with the White Dog" which is the title of a book that I adore written by Terry Kay.
Here is the amazon link for the book.
I don't know if the person will stay in the painting. I may take her out and fill that space with more birds.

10 comments:

bindu said...

I absolutely adore the heads! They are brilliant! Really.

Leanne Pizio said...

Thank you so much Bindu for your sweet comment and just stopping by.

Jacky said...

Wow, you are really getting back into it. Love your new clay pieces, they really grab your attention!
But, I love the new painting and Tofu is just gorgeous with your crows. I like the lady......

Funny, I was just reading Lynne H's blog and Jeane had commented on the wv. My word verification for this comment is dogyna...mmmm and this post is mentioning the new dog next door.

svelteSTUFF said...

"I'm back to work, finally, shaking some of the blues from my head.."

Why so blue? It's a New Year full of New possibilities!!

BLACK AND WHITE said...

Beautiful work!

Undaunted said...

I love your crazy heads! (and I love your chuck too!) I need something to get me going again but I'm not sure what. I have so many ideas but I just feel so lethargic. Maybe I could make a foot kicking me up the bum!

Your painting is lovely so far.

ArtPropelled said...

Fantastic start to the year! The heads are amazing and the painting.....well it's just brilliant!
I'm not sure about the person in the painting. I love it but the painting might be more powerful without it and yet if you hadn't mentioned it I wouldn't be wondering. What ever you decide I will love it....a lot!

Heather said...

I* just found you from Jafa's blog...OMG, I have been missing out!
I Love the head sculptures, what an imagination and skill to bring it to life. Amazing, I can't wait to see them when they are done. The painting is amazing too...how lucky are you that you can work so fantasticaly in multi mediums? Very lucky/talented indeed. I'll be adding you to my blog roll, (on Wordpress) I want to come back often for the inspiration and you seem to be a lot of fun as a person too...that comes out in the art and the writing. Have a great day! Oh, and my verification word for this comment is...pingslut...I kid you not...funny, right? :)

Leanne Pizio said...

Hey Jacky,
Those word verifications are hysterical and sometimes eerily right on....see heather's comment for the hysterical. Glad you like the painting....i think I finished it...will post it soon.

Hey Svelte,
I get blue when the weather is so dark and gloomy. Runs in the family....but I am picking up and dusting off these sticky blues and getting back to work! I am looking forward to the New Year and all of it's many surprises.

Thanks Un D!
Funny about the boot. I made clay boots for awhile and used them as door stops!
Maybe you should make one for fun...

Thanks so much Robyn!
I kept the person in and finished the painting...I think...
I'll post soon and you can let me know what you think. I still have doubts about the person...


Welcome Jeane!
Thanks for stopping by. Love the word verification. What would be the definition for pingslut if the word actually existed...hummm... it's worth thinking about.
Thanks for your sweet comments and I hope that you come by often!

Leanne

Anonymous said...

well those crazy heads are just what I am feeling.. loveing them.