Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Saving Crow



New Year's Eve, my friend Jeff called and said he had found a crow in the road with some head trauma. The crow was physically in tact, wings and legs working, but his eyes were bloody and one was closed. Jeff took him home and asked if we could help him. So, he brought the crow to me and I then took the crow to one of my greatest friend's Janet and her husband Eric. Eric and Janet are amazing with animals and Eric is a great rehabilitator of birds and well, any animal. Amazing as they are, they fed the crow steak and egg yolks and nuts...anything he wanted actually. Day by day, they nursed him back to health and eventually were able to release him into the wild. Janet said when they opened the cage door, he stood for a few minutes looking out of his cage and then took off and flew over the trees. If that is not a sign of a good New Year to be than I don't know what is.
Thank you to Janet and Eric for their great love of animals and for saving the most beautiful bird in all the world...a crow.

***in picture Vance ( a friend ) feeds the crow***

11 comments:

Jacky said...

What a lovely New Years story. I love crows (birds in general). How lovely to be able to help in the rehabilitation of something so wild.

jafabrit said...

I love crows and this is such a wonderful story. Sounds like he was quite spoiled lol! but in a good way.
what special friends you have.

bindu said...

So glad to see the happy ending. :) I am sure the rest of the year will be positive for all of you involved, since you started it so well.

Undaunted said...

What a lovely tale! It reminds me of when my Mum nursed a baby bird back to health that my brother brought in. Not everyone has that kind of patience. What special friends you have!

love said...

Sherrlyn of http://www.lovesimplyhappens.com
thank you for saving the crow. I just busted our electric company for cutting down trees -all the way to the stumps to clear 50' high electrical lines. They cut down five before I could stop them. Their reasoning to cut was absurd But they did stop. At least the birds squirrels and racoons still have the trees and brush that are left. Phew.... Hope the crow rehabilitates well

lynne h said...

beautiful, beautiful, leanne... thank you for telling us...

Gwen Buchanan said...

Ohhhhhhhhh... I wish I could have been there... I love crows and ravens so much... to be that close and to touch them.. to have direct contact... they are so intelligent... Leanne, Thank your friends Eric and Janet for me, too!!!

Leslie Rubio said...

What a nice story and I am so happy to hear that Mr. Crow flew off to his natural habitat. So nice of your friends to help him get well and set him free. I'm sure that nursing a crow back to health is no easy feat.

I know you love the crow!

xoxo,
Leslie

Leanne Pizio said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments. Janet came by last night and said that she had seen your thank you's and she was smiling. The two of them are a wonderful gift not only as friends to me but to the world of animals and friends we live in.
Love them!

Renee said...

All life is special. Thank you for this important post.

Renee

ArtPropelled said...

So glad the crow story has a happy ending. Steak, three meals a day? That crow is going to be back with his mates.